Wednesday, June 22, 2005

One pot cooking... outdoors!

Going camping this weekend with Edel! It should be a blast. I haven't lived in a tent in a good few years, and not out of choice in a few more.
If I can get the Electro up and running before then I'll take it with me, otherwise, it'll be the F801. Dunno if it's practical to go lugging a kilo of camera around with me, but I have to record the spectacle of us cooking dinner for two in one pot!

Some old camping recipes for a full belly on a budget...

Beans and sossies

Fry sausages in pot. Add beans. Wait til hot. Eat.
You could always boil a few baby spuds first, set aside while doing sausages and add with beans for variety.


Various rice/soup dishes.

Boil up some rice.
Drain.
Boil a good quality beef stew or meaty or veggie soup and add rice.

Bombay Aloo (seriously!!)

Put oil and some madras mix/masala mix in a pot and fry for a bit.
Add chopped onions.
Add pre boiled, roughly sliced baby spuds and fry til almost dry.


Chickpea Curry

Do as above, add can of chickpeas (drained)
Add half can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for a fair while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home